Most frequent questions and answers
- Anti-Catfish Check
- Verify the authenticity of your matches to prove they are who they say they are. The information required to perform this check is first and last name, city, state, and year of birth. This allows BrightSwipe to provide an easy to read check that verifies a person’s name, location, age, and marital status.
- Criminal Check
- This service provides you with information about your match’s criminal history using just their first name, last name and year of birth. This information allows BrightSwipe to provide you an easy to read report that verifies whether the person has a record of any major crimes.
- Social Check
- Validate someone’s social media accounts to determine if they are possibly a bot or fraudster. The only information needed is an email or phone number. This allows visibility into their social media presences, which helps prove their legitimacy. You are provided a list of all associated social media accounts including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Skype, Spotify, and many more.
Brightswipe has 3 different checks based on what a user wants to know about a person.
- Anti-Catfish Check: $1.99
- Criminal Check: $1.99
- Social Check: $1.99
The information required for a person verification and background check varies depending on the type of check being performed and the purpose of the check. Typically, the minimum information required includes the person’s full name, city, state, and year of birth. If multiple people are found with the initial information entered, additional information may be requested, such as middle name, full date of birth, and current zip code.
At this time, BrightSwipe does not want to charge users for more than what they actually use. Subscription models can often be difficult for users to cancel, or users may forget that they are paying for it, resulting in unnecessary extra costs for users. We pride ourselves on offering a great product at a fair price that allows users to control their spending.
Our easy enrollment process only requires an email or phone number as well as automatic logins through apple or google. Once enrolled, Face ID can be used for easy login.
We accept all major credit and debit cards as well as Google and Apple Pay.
- Verified: The data entered was verified via public records.
- Partial: The information entered was not an exact match.
- Not Verified: The data entered could not be verified via public records.
- Unknown: No information was found.
We tap into over 550 data sources, including consumer credit applications, to verify a person’s information and background.
This information is used to manage and contact users. Brightswipe does not sell user information to any third parties.
Yes. If you no longer want to be a BrightSwipe user, simply go to Account > Delete Account.
Yes. BrightSwipe adheres to all U.S. federal and local regulations. We offer a Non-FCRA background check which does not require consent of a person to obtain their information.
It can depend on what results you received. If a person does not verify via anti-catfish a check in 30 does is typical. If a person does not have any criminal background then it is your discretion as to when you want to check them again. It is recommended every 3 months.
We cover the entire United States other than South Dakota for the criminal check which is not allowed at this time due to state law.
Typically only takes a few seconds once you submit a request.
The accuracy of the results of checks can vary depending on the information source used and the completeness of the records. It is important to understand that no check can provide 100% accuracy.
No, as that is considered an Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) check and strictly prohibited use within BrightSwipe.
As the checks are Non-FCRA (Fair Credit Report Act), no consent is required to be given or will they know that someone has checked them.
Yes, you can request a copy of your own check results through the app.
If you believe that there is an error on a background check report, you should notify us through app ‘Support’ as soon as possible so we can investigate.
Data is reported from public records and BrightSwipe has no control over what is being reported by various agencies. If there is inaccuracy in data being reported the reporting agency should be contacted to dispute it.
Absolutely, if you have questions please contact us through the Support feature and address your question or concern.
- Claims: If you experienced technical issues with the app that prevents a user from accessing the service.
- Timeline: for requesting a refund: 30 days of your purchase.
- Refund process: If you feel a refund is required please request directly from the app under Support and clearly state the reason for refund. One of the team members will investigate and advise.
- Limitations or exclusions: If the user has already received and viewed their background check report this is not an acceptable reason for a refund if not happy with the results.